Assessment is essential to understand the cognitive, psychological and social impact for your client
We will arrange a psychological assessment with one of our highly experienced Psychologists. This will help understand the impact of the trauma on all areas of your client’s life and the length / type of intervention that will be required. We have skilled Psychologists that are highly experienced / qualified in neuropsychological assessment.
Neuropsychological Assessment and rehabilitation
Neuropsychological testing quantifies an individual’s abilities and tracks progress over time.
Results from testing also support brain injury education, enabling an individual and family / wider system to learn more about how the injury has affected functioning.
We are able to complete assessments of mental capacity and decision making.
Rehabilitation aims to help the brain learn alternative ways of working in order to minimise the long-term impact of the brain injury. Rehabilitation also helps the survivor and the family to cope successfully with any remaining disabilities.
There are three components to good neurorehabilitation:
Brain injury education regarding strengths and weaknesses:
- Supporting individuals and their families to understand more about how the brain injury has affected functioning and identifying strengths and weaknesses in memory and thinking skills
- Identification of psychological vicious cycles in relation to fatigue, irritability, low mood and anxiety
- Provision of memory management and executive / attentional rehab strategies based on an individual’s cognitive profile
- Development of brain healthy routines and habits, including sleep hygiene and building physical resilience to stress
- Behavioural management guidelines and work with staff regarding understanding behaviours that challenge, using a neurobehavioural model
We focus on improving self-efficacy and coping, managing low mood and anxiety, trauma symptoms and adjustment and acceptance work
We recognise the importance of working as part of an interdisciplinary team and have good working relationships with a wider network of case management, physio, speech and language therapy and occupational therapy colleagues.
Experiencing a traumatic and unexpected event can often have a psychological impact
Confronting the psychological impact of a traumatic event at the earliest opportunity not only significantly improves your clients’ ability to adjust and recover from the effects of a trauma, but it can also improve your case lifecycle by positively impacting on the speed of your client’s recovery and helping them move towards optimum functioning.
It is important that the client gets the right treatment, at the right time, from the right person
We ensure there is a tailored approach to Psychological Rehabilitation for each case we work with. This will start with a Psychological Assessment, which will understand the impact of the trauma on all areas of your client life and the length / type of intervention that will be required. Following this assessment, we will complete a comprehensive report and provide a plan for the most cost-effective way forward for your client.
We have an extensive team who are highly knowledgeable in a number of psychological rehabilitation treatments such as:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
- Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy
- Trauma Focused Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mentalised Based Therapy
- Compassion Focused Therapy
We can therefore ensure that we can provide the recommended interventions within the required time.